New car considerations for business buyers
Buying a fleet car gives your business more room to move. Just like shopping for a personal vehicle, though, shopping for a business vehicle can be stressful. You'll be able to choose from many makes and models and can browse both new and used cars. With the variety of vehicles available, it's essential to know what you need to look for before you head to the dealership to shop.
Choosing the Perfect Fleet Car
Buying a business vehicle is easy when you educate yourself ahead of time. First, think about the way the vehicle will be used by your business. Do you need a car to transport a key team member or a van to deliver orders to customers? You should also think about the annual mileage your business will put on the vehicle. Of course, you'll need to determine your budget as well.
Once you've identified your needs, you can start talking to the fleet salesperson at a car dealership about a car. Call first, speak with the fleet vehicle manager and ask if you're qualified to get a fleet identification number. Once you qualify, you can head to the dealership.
At the dealership, be prepared to discuss a host of features and financing options. Think about the following as you shop:
• Whether you want to buy used or new
• Whether you're open to leasing instead of buying
• How much luggage storage the vehicle needs
• Whether special features such as GPS navigation are needed
• How well the vehicle will retain its value in comparison to how long your business plans to use it
Remember to take your time and thoroughly evaluate any deal before you sign on the dotted line.
As you shop, remember that it's important that you always request a written bid from your dealership. This will allow you to discuss vehicle features, perks, and pricing with other company leaders before buying. Of course, keep all original car purchase records in a secure area so that you can use them when tax time rolls around.
Why Buy a Toyota as a Business Vehicle?
Vehicle make is one of the most important factors you'll need to weigh when buying a car for business. Toyota is widely regarded as one of the best car manufacturers in the world. It makes sense to choose a Toyota fleet vehicle because:
• They offer great fuel efficiency
• They're comfortable and available in a variety of styles
• They're available in hybrid models
• They boast excellent safety ratings
• Toyota has won numerous awards for producing outstanding, reliable vehicles
• Toyotas retain their value better than most competitor's vehicles
Do you need fleet vehicles to do business in Cheboygan and Northern Michigan? Call the fleet team at Fernelius Toyota today to see how we can help.